Animated short films are in the OSCAR spotlight. This year’s film nominees can be seen in theaters from Friday on in Los Angeles. “The Gruffalo,” is Germany’s Oscar-nominated animated short, produced by A Magic Light Pictures Production. The LA Times calls the film ‘a charming fable about outsmarting one’s fears.
- German prosecutors press murder charges in Freiburg student's deathState prosecutors have also accused the suspect of raping the 19-year-old victim. The suspect will be charged according to juvenile criminal laws due to uncertainties around his age.
- CDU, SPD butt heads and shake hands in all-night coalition meetingConservative politicians have painted a government meeting as a CDU victory. With SPD chancellor candidate Martin Schulz attending for the first time, each party attempted to mark policy territory ahead of elections.
- German politician wants 'Islam law' and mosque registryA leading member of Chancellor Merkel's CDU party, Jens Spahn, wants more rules governing the practice of Islam in Germany. Among other things, he has called for German-language sermons in mosques.
- German prosecutors press murder charges in Freiburg student's death
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.