Who thought surfing right in the middle of a city is impossible? Well, Munich is proving everyone wrong who might have thought so. Right in the heart of Munich, in the Englischer Garten, a surfing spectacle is evolving every day and attracting a great audience. While the surfers are lining up for their next turn, people are guessing and putting up bets who will be lasting the longest on the wild waves of the Eisbach (Ice River).
More Brands We Like
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Cologne proposes bike-friendly main drag — to a pointCologne's city planners have proposed a pilot program that could alter a major north-south thoroughfare for cars. It's a nod toward cyclists that critics say literally doesn't go far enough.
- Wolf cub hybrids face the chopping block in GermanyThe wolf management authority wants to put down six wolf-labrador dogs, sparking an outcry from puppy lovers. The hybrids threaten the genetic future of the resurgent wolf population.
- The far-right AfD in the Bundestag: What you need to knowOn Tuesday, parliament will convene for the first time in decades with a far-right party. But the Alternative for Germany is already in 14 state legislatures — so what can we expect from the AfD in Berlin?
- Cologne proposes bike-friendly main drag — to a point
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.