Who thought surfing right in the middle of a city is impossible? Well, Munich is proving everyone wrong who might have thought so. Right in the heart of Munich, in the Englischer Garten, a surfing spectacle is evolving every day and attracting a great audience. While the surfers are lining up for their next turn, people are guessing and putting up bets who will be lasting the longest on the wild waves of the Eisbach (Ice River).
More Brands We Like
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Germans and drugs: marijuana use grows among teenagersA "cannabis lobby" is pushing for marijuana to be legalized in Germany, according to a German lawmaker who presented the annual report on drugs. The conservative Marlene Mortler urged more help for children of addicts.
- Attacks on German Muslims 'becoming more violent'The number of people being injured in Islamophobic attacks in Germany has increased this year, new government figures have shown. But very few anti-Muslim hate crimes are successfully prosecuted.
- Berlin and beyond: Zootopia to zoomaniaBerliners may be gruff, but as Tamsin Walker found out at one of the oldest zoos in the world, the city's affection for its bears, be they polar or panda, is as real as it is historic. And that is not all she discovered.
- Germans and drugs: marijuana use grows among teenagers
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.