Who thought surfing right in the middle of a city is impossible? Well, Munich is proving everyone wrong who might have thought so. Right in the heart of Munich, in the Englischer Garten, a surfing spectacle is evolving every day and attracting a great audience. While the surfers are lining up for their next turn, people are guessing and putting up bets who will be lasting the longest on the wild waves of the Eisbach (Ice River).
- G20 protest camp banned in Hamburg parkA Hamburg court has decided that a G20 protest camp cannot be held in the municipal park of the northern German city. More than 3,000 tents were expected, with in excess of 10,000 protesters.
- NGO condemns Angela Merkel's failure to rein in lobbyistsLobbyControl has released a damning verdict on the German government's failure to restrict lobbyists. Merkel's inner circle is said to have particularly close ties to the auto industry, responsible for "dieselgate."
- Police raid right-wing extremist camp in ThuringiaGerman police have raided a gathering of right-wing extremists and searched properties in southern Thuringia. One of 13 suspects under suspicion of organizing paramilitary camps has been arrested.
- G20 protest camp banned in Hamburg park
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.