Summer is over and children have gone back to school almost everywhere. If you want to follow the German custom and provide your child with an authentic ‘Schultuete’ , and forgot to order a kit from Amazon.de, search no longer to buy one. It’s anyway much more fun for your child and you to make one together. Just put on your creative hat and make one!
It’s actually very easy and the kids LOVE to decorate their work!
Here is what you need, and can easily be found in any art supply store like Michaels:
- one big sheet of colored poster board that’s easy to roll up into a cone
- colored markers, Creatology™ Washable Paint 6-Pack, or any colors your child likes to paint with
- paint brushes etc
- stickers: buy lots of stickers to decorate, any kind of stickers your child chooses are great, perhaps she/he wants to have a theme like soccer or ballerina
- colored gift tissue paper ( for the top of the Schultuete)
- Scissors, glue, stapler, paint brushes and other art material that your child enjoys to make crafts with
- a colored ribbon you use for gifts