Merry Christmas & Happy New Year
Today for the second Advent Sunday we have another delicious recipe waiting for you! Rumkugeln or rum-balls are a special treat that can’t be missing at Christmas time. Please enjoy the following recipe by our guest author Gabriele Utz from MyBestGermanRecipes.
Rum balls or in German “Rumkugeln” are almost mandatory for Christmas but, in my opinion, they taste awesome throughout the whole year. The rumballs are made after a traditional Austrian recipe from the good old times, when the emperor Franz Josef used to reign Germany and Austria. In fact you don’t even have to bake them in the oven. Mix all ingredients per instructions together and you will get an unforgettable chocolate delight for Christmas and the Holidays.
Ingredients (30 pieces)
100 g powdered sugar
100 g almonds ground
100 g semi-sweet baking chocolate grated
1 egg white
1 hard boiled egg yolk
30 g butter
1 vanilla bean
1 tbsp powdered sugar
– For the dark dough mix all ingredients thoroughly.
– For the light dough press the egg yolk through a sieve and mix it with the remaining ingredients; keep it cold.
– Make balls out of the dark dough of walnut size; the light dough should have the size of a cherry pit (so quite small).
– Place in each dark ball one light one; take the ball slightly apart and fill in the smaller one; then close it. Place them into little matching cups.
– Keep them for 30 minutes in the fridge.
– Roll the balls in the cocoa powder and place them in small paper cups.
Article Source: MyBestGermanRecipes
©2009-2020 CaliforniaGermans. All Rights Reserved